Monday, October 30, 2006

vacation rocks

this is for all my readers and fans that have been begging me to post on my not-too-soon-forgotten BLOG
(okay, so it was just Aunt Marlene who missed me...but just in case the other 4 of you who read this still care...)

* my store is in the (very long) process of being sold. thanks to the LORD for bringing in the last minute buyers during our final days of liquidation!
so i'm without employment (aka: FREEEEEEE !!!!) at the moment and enjoying every bit of it!!

* Josh and i have taken advantage of this freedom of mine and spent some time away from Ocala. we love mountains and decided to tackle the Rockies AND the Smokies within a 2 week time period. what fun adventures!!!
I finally got to meet his cousin Brian and wife and kids - Castle Rock, CO.

We got reaquainted with his cousin AJ and wife Andie (my favorite cousin-in-law EVER!!)- Littleton, CO.

We visited my brother Osh, wife Mandy and kids Kane and Kylee - Birmingham, AL.

Hung out with my cousin Em and her man Jack - Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN.

and found a few hours in between to stop by Aunt Marlene and Uncle Bruce's - Knoxville, TN. And Mamaw's - Farragut, TN.

WHEW!!! a fun, action packed 2 weeks and lots of pictures to prove it!
here's a sampling...
"Garden of the Gods"
Pike's Peak!! WOW!!
snow was so exciting and cold!

4 comments:

lyndsay said...

ABSOLUTELY STINKING AMAZING!!! you have officially given me the mountain itch, even though we were just in the smokies...two weekends in a row...:) and the rockies might come in march!! where were you in TN?

josh said...

I've heard of the "mountain itch." Don't worry I think they make some kind of cream for it.

Oh and we had a blast when you were here, jill. Come back soon and I'll teach you some more tennis moves.

JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

we were in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area in most of those pics...but we went to Knoxville too.

the graveyard pics are in Etowah, Mamaw's hometown!! :) i miss it...

Emily said...

YAY!!! I've waited so long for you to blog, but it was worth the wait. I loved it when you were here. The Smokies miss you.