Monday, May 22, 2006

Bed, Bath & Breakfast


There is this beautiful Victorian house in the historic district in Ocala - actually, there are lots of them. The MOST glorious one is the Seven Sisters Inn, a bed and breakfast I have passed by countless times in my life always hoping that someday my wish will be granted to stay there for a night.

Well just call me Cinderella! My wonderful Prince Charming secretly arranged for me to spend my first night in my 30's in the most enchanting room in all of Ocala. . . "Lottie's Loft"!

He also had peach champagne and Dove chocolates put in the room for us to indulge in before tea time.

I was so excited to learn we were allowed to go explore any other unoccupied rooms. Mom and Jodie joined us as we soaked in the exquisite decor and traveled back in time admiring all the antique rooms, each one very unique!


The front porch kept calling our names with its whimsical colors and one-of-a-kind chairs and hammocks.

My wonderful husband treated me to dinner at the Melting Pot where we had a romantic time stuffing ourselves.

The jacuzzi was waiting for us when we returned.

OH. MY. GOSH.
Now THAT's what I call a BATH!!!


Breakfast the next morning was different, but delicious. We are accustomed to cereal, but we learned what a 3-course morning meal involved:

Hot coffee and yummy juice to drink (hot tea was also an option)-
Fresh cranberry muffins served straight from the warm basket to our decorative plates,
Next came blueberries & cream in the most delicate china bowls,
Our main course was a chicken stuffed pastry complemented with sauce and dried cranberries.

After breakfast we indulged in another jacuzzi experience before we packed up for the long trip home. Haha.

What an amazingly awesome birthday present I will cherish always!!!

2 comments:

ImaMommie said...

You have one of the best hubby's in the whole wide world! I LOVE the Seven Sisters Inn! What an AMAZING place! I'm so glad you had so much fun and I'm so glad you had a WONDERFUL bday! LOVE YA!!!

Emily said...

Yay for 30th birthdays! So glad you had such a good time. Josh should get an award for being an Uber Cool Husband.